Last Updated: (12/02/2022)
Thank you for visiting (Tsekmo.com). Created in 2022, Tsekmo (“Company”, “we”, “our”, “us”) identified the increasing problem of vandalism and drug abuse in the restrooms and facilities, and is now offering a unique solution to this ever-increasing problem in form of an application/platform. Tsekmo shall act an aggregator for its members (“you”, “your”) to publish, offer, search for, and book services. Members who publish and offer services are referred to as “Hosts” and the Members who seek, book, use and review such services are referred to as “Guests”.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 Information needed to use the Tsekmo Platform.
We collect personal information about you when you use the Tsekmo Platform. Without collecting this personal information, we shall not be able to provide you the requested service. All personal information is collected, processed and used lawfully as directed under the applicable laws and regulations. Personal Information includes the following;
• Contact Information, Account, Profile Information. Your first name, last name, phone number, postal address, email address, date of birth, and profile photo, some of which will depend on the features you use. You will need to provide us this part of the personal information to sign up for the use of our service. All member registration for member accounts is managed through google firebase.
• Social Media Sign-up. Your Google Account, Apple Account, Other email accounts related information.
• Identity Verification and Payment Information. Images of your government issued ID (as permitted by applicable laws), your ID number or other verification information, bank account or payment account information. Host have the option to opt-in for an optional valid photo ID requirement to be fulfilled by the Guest. All photo IDs are uploaded in AWS s3 bucket in AES encrypted form. It shall be the Host’s responsibility to verify the photo ID and later to keep it safe and secure against any breach. Each photo ID you provide for booking a listing shall only remain applicable to such booking and each new Host shall reserve its right to request for photo ID again for verification purposes of their own listing. Tsekmo shall not accept any liability or responsibility for ID verifications made by the Hosts through the Platforms.
• If you are not an Tsekmo user, we may receive payment information relating to you, such as when an Tsekmo user provides your payment card to complete a booking. If a copy of your ID is provided to us, we may scan, use, and store information contained in your ID to verify your identity.
2.2 Information you choose to give us.
You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
• Additional Profile Information. Such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and personal description. Some of this information as indicated in your account settings is part of your Member account and will be publicly visible.
• Address Book Contact Information. Address book contacts you import or enter manually.
• Other Information. Such as when you fill in a form, add information to your account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team and other Members, or share your experience with us. This may include health information if you choose to share it with us.
2.3 Information that is automatically collected by using the Tsekmo Platform.
When you use the Tsekmo Platform, we may automatically collect your personal information. Such information may include:
• Geo-location Information. Such as precise or approximate location determined from your IP address or mobile device’s GPS depending on your device settings. We may also collect this information when you’re not using the app if you enable this through your settings or device permissions
• Usage Information. Such as the pages or content you view, searches for listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Tsekmo Platform
• Log Data and Device Information. Such as details about how you’ve used the Tsekmo Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Tsekmo Platform. We may collect this information even if you haven’t created an Tsekmo account or logged in.
• Payment Transaction Information. Such as payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, Stripe or PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address, and other related transaction details. We have currently partnered with Stripe Connect as our payment partner and all payments made by the Guests to the Hosts are routed through a Stripe encrypted client secret_ID hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Cookies and Similar Technologies. We use “cookies,” which are small data files transmitted to your browser to record and track aggregate information about you when you visit our website or use our mobile applications. The cookie is used to keep track of user information such as their number, frequency of use, user profiles, and favorite websites. We can study how our websites/applications are used and improve our websites, mobile applications, and services using the Aggregate Information we gather. By modifying your browser settings, you can disable cookies.
We use “Google Analytics” to collect statistical data such as the country from which the Platform is accessed and the amount of time spent on the Platform. They are gathered for statistical purposes and to help us improve our performance, marketing efforts, and service quality. Visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ for more information on how Google uses this data.
2.4 Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We collect personal information from other sources, such as:
• Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to the Tsekmo Platform with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, Stripe), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
• Background Information. For Members in the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may obtain, for example, reports of criminal records, sex offender registrations, and other information about you and/or your background. For Members outside of the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, we may obtain the local version of police, background, or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
• Referrals. If you are invited to the Tsekmo Platform, such as a co-guest for using a listed facility, the person who invited you can submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
• Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as references, demographic data, or information to help detect fraud and safety issues from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from identity verification service providers for use in our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Tsekmo Platform, or about your experiences and interactions from our partners. We may receive health information, including but not limited to, health information related to contagious diseases.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Tsekmo Platform
Such as to:
• enable you to access the Tsekmo Platform and make and receive payments;
• enable you to communicate with other Members;
• process your requests;
• perform analytics, debug and conduct research;
• provide customer service, training;
• send you messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications;
• if you provide us with your contacts ’information, such as your friends or co-guests, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) to share your booking details and facilitate planning, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) to facilitate your requests or for any other purpose you authorize;
• personalize and customize your experience based on your interactions with the Tsekmo Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit;
• enable your use of our enterprise products; and
• To improve your overall experience of using Tsekmo.
3.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment
• detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents, and other harmful activity;
• study and combat discrimination consistent with the laws for the time being in force,
• conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
• verify or authenticate information provided by you;
• conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks;
• comply with our legal obligations, protect the health and well-being of our Guests, Hosts, Hosts ’employees, and members of the public;
• resolve disputes with our Members, including sharing information with your Host or additional Guests about disputes related to your role as a co-Host or additional Guest;
• enforce our agreements with third parties;
• comply with law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm, and protect our rights;
• in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Tsekmo Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to Tsekmo, and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes, which analyze your account and activities on the Tsekmo platform as well as information in relation to activities on and off the Tsekmo platform that can be associated with you, could restrict or suspend access to the Tsekmo Platform if such processes detect activity that may pose a safety or other risk to Tsekmo, our community, or third parties. If you would like to challenge decisions based on automated processes, please contact us via the Contact Information section below.
3.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
For example to:
• Send you promotional messages, newsletters, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms. However you may at any time opt out of our advertising campaign and receiving our marketing and promotional materials by sending us an email at (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• personalize, measure, and improve our advertising;
• administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Tsekmo or its third-party partner;
• analyze characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that we think might be of interest to you; and
• invite you to events and relevant opportunities
* California law permits Members who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those third parties.
3.4 Provide Payment services.
Personal information is used to enable, or authorize third parties to use, payment services such as to:
• detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, abuse, and security incidents,
• conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
• comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations),
• with your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences, and,
• Provide and improve Payment Services.
4. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
4.1 Sharing With Your Consent or at Your Direction.
Where you provide consent, we share your information as described at the time of consent, such as when authorizing a third-party application or website to access your Tsekmo account or participating in promotional activities by Tsekmo partners or third parties. Where permissible under applicable law, we may use certain information about you, such as your email address, de-identify it, and share it with social media platforms, to generate leads, drive traffic to Tsekmo, or otherwise promote our products and services.
4.2 Sharing Between Members.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information such as:
• When a booking request is made, when there is a co-host, or a dispute is submitted, certain information may be shared between Guest(s) and Host(s), including profile, name, names of any additional Guests, cancellation history, flagging history (only when Guests are in direct contact with other Hosts such as on booking a listing), review information, age of guest (unless prohibited by applicable law), dispute outcome (when applicable), and other information you choose to share and submit. When a booking is confirmed, additional information is shared to assist with coordinating the trip, like profile photo and phone number. When you as a Host have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Guest (and any additional Guests they invite, if applicable) to coordinate the booking, such as your profile, full name, phone number, and Listing address.
• When you as a Host invite another Member to host with you, you authorize that person to access and update your information and member content, including, but not limited to, certain information like your full name, phone number, Accommodation address, calendar, listing information, listing photos, and email address.
• When you as a Guest invite additional Guests to a booking, your name, dates, Host name, Listing details, Accommodation address, and other related information will be shared with each additional Guest
4.3 Information You Publish in Profiles, Listings, and other Public Information.
You can make certain information publicly visible to others, such as:
• Your public profile page, which includes your profile photo, first name (or initials where applicable), description, and city.
• Listing pages that include information such as the Accommodation or Experience’s approximate or precise location description, calendar availability, profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), reviews and feedback by previous Guests and additional information you choose to share.
• Content in a community or discussion forum, blog, or social media post.
We may display parts of your public profile and other content you make available to the public like Listing details on third-party sites, platforms, and apps. Information you share publicly on the Tsekmo Platform may be indexed through third-party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your account settings.
4.4 Host Service Providers
Hosts may use third-party services to help manage or deliver their services, such as cleaning services. Hosts may use features on the Tsekmo Platform to share information about the Guest (like check-in and check-out times, Guest name, Guest phone number) with such third-party service providers. All such information remains an obligation of the Host and such third-party to protect.
4.5 Complying with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protecting our Rights
We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or where disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with our legal obligations, (ii) comply with a valid legal request (such as a subpoena or court order) or to respond to claims asserted against Tsekmo, (iii) respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity.
4.6 Service Providers.
We share personal information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to help us run our business and for their compliance purposes, including service providers that help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the Tsekmo Services through third-party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, or (vii) process, handle or assess insurance claims or similar claims. These providers are contractually bound to protect your personal information and have access to your personal information to perform these tasks.
4.7 Business Transfers
5. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
5.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Tsekmo Platform for reasons outlined in the “How We Use Information We Collect” section of this policy, including fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, enforcing our Terms of Service, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other sites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. Occasionally we may need to manually review communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your messaging communications to send third-party marketing messages to you and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
5.2 Third-Party Partners & Integrations.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You can exercise any of the rights described in this section consistent with applicable law. You are granted with the following rights;
• To be informed about the processing of your personal data;
• To request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
• Rectification of any inaccurate data that we may have about you;
• To ask us to delete personal data if you consider that we don’t possess the right to hold it;
• To withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data;
• To ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages at any time by using the below contact details;
• To restrict the processing of your personal data;
• Data Portability, i.e. moving some of your personal data elsewhere in some instances; and
• Not to be subjected to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
6.1 Managing Your Information.
You can access and update some of your personal information through your Account settings. If you connected your Tsekmo Account to a third-party service, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and unlink from that service in your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date
6.2 Data Access and Portability
In some jurisdictions like California, applicable law may entitle you to request certain copies of your personal information or information about how we handle your personal information, request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and/or request that we transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible). For any such requests you may contact us on (email@example.com)
6.3 Data Erasure.
In some jurisdictions, you can request that your personal information be deleted. Please note that if you request deletion of your personal information, or if your account is suspended, terminated, or voluntarily closed:
• We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety.
• We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
• Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on Tsekmo, even after your Tsekmo Account is deleted.
• Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
7. APPLICABLE DISCLAIMERS
Hosts: All personal information transferred to Hosts once a Guest confirms a booking shall become Host’s obligation to protect and preserve from the breach of any kind. Hosts agree and undertake to release, defend, indemnify, and hold Tsekmo harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with the breach of any Guest’s personal information.
Guests: Guests grant permission to Tsekmo to store their present and past transactions in its backend data and metadata and further agree and acknowledge that Hosts shall be allowed to review such data to determine the conduct of Guests for any past activities of vandalism or destruction.
We recognize your need for privacy and take your online security seriously. We’ve adopted technology and operational security standards to safeguard your personal information against loss, abuse, alteration, breach, or destruction. We will ensure that the collection and processing of your information are done in line with the Data Protection legislation in effect in the United States of America after we receive it. Personal information is kept confidential by all Company employees, associates, contractors, consultants, suppliers, and others, and only authorized persons have access to it.
However, information transmission over the Internet is not safe in today’s world, and we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you send us or supply over the website.
10. Children’s Privacy and Use by minors
Anyone under the age of eighteen (18) is not permitted to use our Service.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifying information from anyone under eighteen. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with Personal Data. If we learn that we have obtained Personal Data from children without a parental agreement, we will take steps to erase the data from our servers.
11. Contact Us